Sunday, June 9, 2013

Arrival

I have arrived, safely, to my late 20s. When I was younger, I used to look to my 20s as a time where I would be set. Naturally, all my plans would have come to fruition by the time I was 25. That sounds really naive now that I'm 27 and am nowhere near set. I did most of what I planned but I don't know if I will ever really get to a point where I feel like I'm done. And really, that's probably a really good thing. Otherwise, what would I do? Like, what happens when you feel you're done? That doesn't sound fun.

Honestly though, most often than not, I find myself looking at the list of things I haven't yet done rather than appreciating those I have. I am an official grown up, I feel like one now and so I've been thinking I really need to start being the cup-is-half-full kind of person to myself and not just others. So, here's turning a new leave and being more positive with myself and appreciating the small (and big!) things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment